June 28th is National Insurance Awareness Day—one of our favorite days of the year!
Insurance is one of those things that is often overlooked until we need it. This is why National Insurance Awareness Day exists—so we don’t forget until it’s too late! Insurance is a crucial aspect of our lives. It helps us mitigate risks and protect ourselves and our assets from unforeseen events such as accidents, illnesses, natural disasters, etc. Often, people think they are covered for anything because they have secured insurance, but coverages vary greatly, and it’s a bummer to find out the hard way that your coverage wasn’t what you thought it was.
That’s why on National Insurance Awareness Day, we encourage our clients and others to review their insurance policies, assess their insurance needs and consider whether they have adequate coverage for their current circumstances. It is also an opportunity for our TrustPoint Insurance & Real Estate team to educate the clients and public about the different types of insurance coverage available.
How can you celebrate National Insurance Awareness Day?
- Call your insurance agent or give us a call! Review your current policies. There could be changes in your premium, or your insurance may need an information update, such as a new address.
- Reassess your insurance needs. If you just bought a boat or someone in your family stopped driving, you might need to get a new or different insurance policy.
- Evaluate your current possessions. Is there anything new, old and important that you need to insure? Don’t forget high-end items like fine jewelry that may need a special rider.
- Think about the future. Are there any significant changes in the future that could influence the amount of insurance you need?
- Count your family in. Has your family grown? Have family members moved away? Thinking about getting a new pet?
- Do you have life insurance? Disability?
These are all great things to think about today and every day. Life is unpredictable, and so are the people around you. Assessing these things could save you a lot of money in the long run, so why not start now?
Remember, having the right insurance coverage can provide peace of mind and protect you and your family from financial hardships in the event of an unexpected event. National Insurance Awareness Day is an important reminder for individuals and businesses to prioritize insurance to protect their financial stability and future.