By Taylor Swyers
How devastating would it be to cancel your special event because of forces outside of your control? With special event insurance, you don’t have to worry about the financial part of that unfortunate situation. Unforeseen disasters happen, so preparedness is always the best strategy. Your big day should be stress-free and full of joy, making memories that will last a lifetime.
Special Event Insurance:
According to the Insurance Information Institute, special event insurance can be defined as coverage of money in the case that something outside of your control happens affecting a gathering or event. This type of insurance can cover weddings, graduation parties, anniversary parties or any occasion that could result in a substantial financial loss. Make sure to check with your insurance provider to get all the details included in your plan and what you will be reimbursed for. Here is a list of common things special event insurance covers.
What does it cover?
- Common natural weather disasters (storms, tornadoes, heavy wind)
- Death or illness of a participant in the event
- If a key person does not show up, some costs will be covered (pastor, vendor, minister)
- If a key participant has military service and suddenly has been called to duty
- If your bridal salon goes out of business or you receive clothing that is damaged, you may be refunded for dresses and tuxedos
- Covered honeymoon if needed to cancel due to circumstances beyond your control
- Gifts you receive are protected against theft or damage. Gifts are usually already covered by homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies, so make sure to check
- Professional counseling will be covered if needed due to stress about a cancelation
Special event insurance can ease the stress of event planning and help you enjoy your big day, no matter the occasion. Again, before purchasing special event insurance, check with your provider to see everything your policy covers. Need a hand? Contact the team at TrustPoint Insurance & Real Estate today.